26 September, 2014

Friday.

Normally I don't get exceptionally "pumped up" for the weekend. I'm currently in the first job I've had where weekends actually exist, and sometimes it feels as if all of the housework that needs to get done on the weekend defeats the entire purpose....
But in all serious, YAY it's Friday!

Spotify is a lifesaver for many of us who are tethered to a desk at work and, on Fridays, it's an important part of my "get through it" ritual (which also includes treating myself to a cappuccino or latte and buying lunch; okay maybe two caffeinated beverages).  While searching for a song on a whim is typically my Spotify style, sometimes it's nice to zone out to a premeditated playlist.

Here's what I've been listening to for the past few Fridays (yes, so kitchy, it's a Friday playlist... but I love it!)

Friday Playlist from Spotify



Starting out the morning with songs by groups like Fleet Foxes and Stateless maintain focus and set the stage for what will hopefully be a productive day. Sometimes I wind up moving to the artist page for more, or switch to similar tunes for a while to keep the meditative work momentum going (if it starts at all).

Around 11 AM I start getting restless and Bastille's cover of "Of The Night" is a fantastic jam that brings me back to the glory days, and the tunes ramp up from there.

I've been on a huge Ingrid Michaelson kick lately - her new album is wonderful. After lunch, I've been queuing her, or a few old favorite bands up for a while. This is the "getting through it phase" where 5PM feels "so close, yet so far away" (did you get that Hall & Oates reference?), so I gravitate towards favorite songs from childhood by the likes of Thin Lizzy, Pearl Jam, and The Cranberries.

....Of course, it wouldn't be a Friday without JT.  It wouldn't be anything without JT.

What's on your favorite Friday playlist?
Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment