10 October, 2013

Summer Saviors - Bath & Body

For many, summer is a best friend with some unavoidably obnoxious qualities.  We wait for that first glowing peck of the sun on baited hooks and, when it finally arrives, we dunk our skin in gallons of illuminating SPF products and spritz our hair with a concoction of "salt water wave inducing, frizz reducing, shine boosting, overall completely contradictory" products in order to achieve some mythic summer glow similar to what Grecian Gods must enjoy on Olympus.



A pale (okay, translucent) skinned,  thick haired girl, I find summer to be glorious and frustrating at the same time.  Over the years, I've  "let go" of finding that perfect beachy-wave product or trying to find protective makeup that stays put in any kind of heat.  I've replaced an arsenal of summer-fighters with a smattering of items and have to say that this may have been my most harmonious summer yet.  Lucky me, it seems like the heat is going to carry over well into fall, so I won't be looking to switch these up any time soon!


As a self proclaimed product junkie, it can be slightly frustrating to consistently hunt for eco-friendly/cruelty free products that pack in the myriad of skin and hair care benefits boasted by some bigger-box, chemical laden brands.  With that said, and without further ado, I give you my 2013 summer saviors:
  • Deep Steep Argan Oil Body Wash in Warm Vanilla & Coconut
  • Earth Therapeutics Loofah Exfoliating Scrub in Oatmeal & Honey 
  • DermOrganic Daily Conditioning Shampoo and Intensive Hair Repair Masque
  • Love&Toast by Margot Lena Moisturizers 
  • LaVanila Laboratories "The Healthy Deodorant"
  • Jo Malone Blue Agava and Cacao Cologne
In the spirit of brevity (truly an art I may never master), I'll dig into two of these items in detail in separate posts - so stay tuned for those and happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment