11 October, 2013

Summer Saviors Review: Deep Steep and Earth Therapeutics

We generally think of summer as the ideal time to work flirty, floral, citrus scented products into our daily routines.  Oftentimes, vanilla scented products can feel heavy and musky against the hot, humid air.
The Argan Oil Body Wash in Warm Vanilla & Coconut by Deep Steep is a "deeply" pleasant departure from this norm, and the formulation is light enough to use on even the stickiest summer day.


The formulation is thin and creates a light lather that rinses easily but doesn't strip your skin dry like many frothy products will.  With a smattering of organic oils and ingredients such as argan oil (obviously), Vitamin E (a fantastic antioxidant with moisturizing properties), and vegan glycerin, this cruelty free (and made in the states) product range is a winner in my book.  I usually find their body washes or scrubs at TJMaxx or Marshalls for about $4.99/piece, but they're also available online via DeepSteep.com, via Walgreens.com, and on Amazon and organic retailers.
After trying this out, I went back in and stocked up on a few of their argan oil body scrubs, as well, and those are amazing products to save dry skin - just don't use them before you shave, as the oil seems to plug up razors (oops!).

Did I mention their logo is completely adorable?

On the same day that I picked up the Deep Steep, I also discovered the Earth Therapeutics Loofah Exfoliating Scrub in Oatmeal and Honey.

I fell in love with the luxurious scent and purchased it prior to reading the ingredients carefully, so I was crushed to see that in includes parabens.  As you probably know, parabens are a chemical preservatives (antibacterial and fungicidal in nature), that have been linked to estrogen level issues and cancers.  I purchased at Ulta and I think this was about $6.00, which isn't bad so long as you don't mind the chemical additives.
If this doesn't bug you, then it's still a fantastic and cruelty free product. The scent is intoxicating and it provides a gentle exfoliation you could utilize on a daily basis if your skin isn't sensitive (it isn't recommended to use non- dissolving exfoliating scrubs regularly).

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a little too paranoid about chemicals in products, but it really turns me off to see companies continuing to use ingredients that are known carcinogens or that affect our bodies negatively.
Does this bother any of you other product lovers out there?  What are your favorite "eco sensitive" bath products?

No comments:

Post a Comment